Our FDM 3D printing service
Our global network of certified FDM 3D printing manufacturing partners will allow you to rapidly verify your designs with low-cost prototypes. Simply upload your parts, get a quote, and go into production in less than 5 minutes.
|Requirement||Desktop FDM||Industrial FDM|
|Maximum build size||500 x 500 x 500 mm (19.68" x 19.68" x 19.68")||406 x 355 x 406 mm* (15.98 x 13.97 x 15.98")|
|Standard lead time||2 business days||3 business days|
|Dimensional accuracy||± 0.5% with a lower limit on ± 0.5 mm (0.0196")||± 0.25% with a lower limit: ± 0.25 mm (0.01")|
|Layer height||100-300 μm||100-300 μm|
|Infill||20-100%||Ultra-light, Light, Solid|
The maximum build size for Carbon-filled Nylon (Onyx) is 320 mm x 132 mm x 154 mm
* Up to 914 x 609 x 914 mm via manual review
Our infill types are equivalent to Stratasys Infill types, as such:
Solid: This is equivalent to Stratasys' Solid build style
Light: This infill is equivalent to Stratasys Sparse Double Dense build style
Ultra-light: This infill is equivalent to Stratasys Sparse build style
Available materials for FDM
Below is a list of our standard materials for industrial and desktop FDM 3D printing. To instantly compare material prices, upload your parts to our online platform.
Desktop FDM materials
|TPU||Prototyping TPU with shore hardness 85A - 95A|
Industrial FDM materials
|PEI||ULTEM 9085, ULTEM 1010|
|ABS||ABS M30, ABSplus|
Our FDM manufacturing standards
We manufacture your parts according to strict manufacturing standards. A verification of these requirements is included in our inspection report that is shipped with every order.
- Desktop FDM: A dimensional accuracy of ± 0.5% with a lower limit of ± 0.5 mm (± 0.020").
- Industrial FDM: A dimensional accuracy of ± 0.25% with a lower limit: ± 0.25 mm (± 0.010").
- Consistent surface finish with no bumps or delamination. Marks left by retraction and layer changing are acceptable.
- All support material is removed such that the supported surface has a consistent finish.
- All parts are printed with 3 outline / perimeter shells or a wall thickness of 1.2 mm.
Design guidelines for FDM
The table below summarizes the recommended and technically feasible values for the most common features encountered in 3D printed parts.
|Unsupported walls||0.8 mm (0.0315'')|
|Supported walls||0.8 mm (0.0315'')|
|Minimum feature size||2.0 mm (0.00787'')|
|Minimum hole diameter||2.0 mm (0.00787'')|
Learn more about the process in our Knowledge Base article.