Hello fellow Hubs,
In order to better support Hubs we’re developing a range of very handy Powertools. These Powertools are especially designed to help you steadily grow your 3D printing business. As you level-up as a Hub, more Powertools become available. This post is about a particular Powertool available for everyone; an Embeddable Order Widget that offers a seamless order experience on your own website.
The Order Widget is an upload tool that you can embed on your own website. With just a few clicks your customers can upload their design files (STL or OBJ) and receive an instant quote to get them 3D printed at your Hub.
Here’s a few cool examples of how the embed can look
How do I use it?
Once the order widget is embedded on your website, your customers can directly upload a .stl or .obj file on the page. A simple checkout flow allows the customer to set their print preferences (e.g. color, material). When the order is submitted, a new order is at your Hub, on 3D Hubs. From there it follows the standard order process on 3D Hubs.
Quick Tip: Orders generated through the order widget will increase your Hub level on 3D Hubs, increasing overall search ranking and customer inflow. Over time, your Hub will significantly benefit from more orders.
How to set it up?
The Order Widget can easily be embedded by pasting a short string of code into your website.
- Find your embed code for the order widget on your Hub dashboard on 3D Hubs. Go to the tab “powertools” and generate your code by setting the variables “color”, “size” and “text”.
- Paste your embed code into your website where you want the button to appear.
Order Widget Main Benefits
- An instant online quote on your own website based on your pricing, printers and material settings.
- Netfabb auto file repair. All 3D files will be checked on printability and automatically repaired by the Netfabb cloud solution if needed.
- Secure payment processing (All major payments methods such as IBAN for EU, Paypal, Mastercard, American Express, Visa, Bitcoin and many more country specific methods)
- 3D Hubs’ order management system. All orders will be added to you order flow on 3D Hubs, including individual order pages for direct communications with your customers
- 7.5% 3D Hubs service fee, instead of the standard 12.5%
- Increased Hub rating on 3D Hubs, improving search ranking and new customer inflow.
Please let me know if you have any questions on this thread, cheers!
Ps. would be cool if you could share your embed on the comments on this thread as well so others can see.