New to this forum, and quite new to 3d printing (few months), though have been in manufacturing for 45 years.
I’m trying to get my 3D45 printer to pause (M0) so I can insert a nut into a cavity and keep printing. I am for now just manually editing a GCode file (created in Simplify3d).
My method (pretty much following what I’ve read in various places online):
- Lift Z (drop platform) maybe 1mm to get off the part (G1 and feed rate)
- Move away in X/Y to give me some room to insert part (G1 and feed rate)
- Set extruder standby temp (using M104)
- The actual pause (M0)
- Resume extruder temp (using M109)
- Move nozzle back into exact same X/Y/Z position as it was before these moves to insert nut (G1 moves)
The printer does everything except pause. (doh!)
I finally temporarily solved the issue by just making a very slow Z move for a few inches, which provided enough time to drop in my insert. The printer just makes all the moves, but never pauses.
Maybe someone could enlighten me as to what I’m missing?