HI all…I thought the follow 3D Hubs enthusiasts would appreciate this: We launched a Kickstarter on Autodesk Meshmixer which is (as of now) over 20 hours of training, with award levels starting (for the full course) around $25. We think that’s a great deal to learn this awesome software, and for the 3D Hubs crowd, even more so.
We are a 3D printing educational company, but we started off our businesses life as a full service print/design/rapid prototyping retail shop. Everyone who came to us wanted education and training, so we went in the direction instead.
If you are a Hub, aspire to be one, or want to design 3D printable objects, Meshmixer is a critically valuable tool. Specifically to what the 3D Hubs crowd would care about:
- One click fixing of model errors
- Sculpting with digital clay
- Organic support structure generation that can be selectively edited (added/deleted)…that you can also use in conjunction with your slicer’s support structures if desired
- Many 3D model shaders, but one specific one: real-time overhang analysis that lets you visually see where overhangs are (based on your specific printer), that updates dynamically as you sculpt, add, remove material.
- a “Make Solid” tool that fixes self-intersections, holes in your model, and other errors to make your model printable.
- Pattern tools to give your models more interesting surface features
- The ability to do all of that and more to accurate places on your mesh, to manipulate only the triangles/polygons that you want to affect
We think this is a great deal, and since we use Meshmixer daily in our own 3D printing, we know that you will too, once you have a good handle on this great software!
Nick (co-founder, HoneyPoint3D)
P.S. - We also added a $75 award level where you get the training, but also access to 3D models that we are creating with our pair of Artec scanners (around $18K each)