Hi Marc, Joerg,
Thanks for the feedback and ideas, it’s much appreciated. We’re currently still focussing most of our effort on the checkout improvements on the Thingiverse side to further improve conversion, as there is a lot of room for improvement and thus more prints for you guys
Quick response to the 9 items so far:
1. we should be able to add a link to the Thingiverse thing as we know what thing being uploaded, I’ll add it to the planning
2. for this integration we explicitly decided not to have any communication as it greatly simplifies the checkout experience and opens 3D Hubs up to many more ‘e-commerce’ like checkouts in the future. However it does lead to some complications, we’ll try to handle these through customer support who have access to the users on Thingiverse for now. Eventually we want to track printability and make the ordering as seemless as possible. I really appreciate you going the extra mile for the customer and adding those extra part is on your own account, for future cases you can also ask support to adjust the order value to accommodate for this.
3. this is something we (and thingiverse) would also like to add, however there are a few more pressing items that we want to tackle first regarding the checkout and issues users are experiencing on the Thingiverse side
4. we’ve already prepared the integration for multiple color selection, multi material is something we have to think about as we like to keep the checkout simple for now, we’ll add the color per part feature to the Thingiverse backlog
5. I understand where you’re coming from, while it would be nice it would take away the pre-payment possibility on Thingiverse, unless we add these services to the checkout, we’ll keep monitoring how many files need extra work/services and try to understand what would make the integration better, lets wait for a couple weeks to collect data and tackle other issues and see what makes sense to add, ok?
6. of course this would be a great addition, with the select Thingiverse locations I feel there is currently little need for this, if the volumes go up and we need more local coverage we could consider it
7. due to the current setup customers don’t have a 3D Hubs account so they can’t leave reviews, we could look at doing ‘blind reviews’ but it’s not the top priority at the moment
Then to cover Joerg’s 2 points:
8. This is coming soon, sorry for the delay, our Badge crafter was out for a bit
9. We can probably improve the print bed checking for different rotations and make it machine specific, we’ll add that to the backlog
Thanks again for the feedback guys, super useful and great to see you’re really thinking about solution to make it better!