Energy management: Aclara, a supplier of smart infrastructure solutions (SIS) to electric, gas and water utilities, showcased its comprehensive suite of end-to-end solutions at DistribuTECH 2018. Aclara also highlighted its newly released AclaraONE™ (One Network for Everyone™), a next-generation SaaS solution that allows electric, water and gas utilities to access and analyze data collected from meters and other devices on their distribution networks. Developed to work with all of Aclara’s network products, AclaraONE is a single, unified platform for monitoring, optimizing and improving network operations.
Aclara also highlighted its entire portfolio of smart infrastructure solutions and services. Booth stations provided an in-depth look at Aclara’s robust solutions that included:
• Commercial and residential meters offer superior quality, accuracy and reliability, for residential, commercial and industrial applications.
• AMI communications. Networks include Synergize® RF, which offers great network reliability and low latency, allows time-critical data and alarms to be prioritized to ensure near real-time grid visibility and control. Also highlighted was Metrum Cellular®, an IP-enabled solution that is suited for high-bandwidth commercial and industrial applications and TWACS® power line communication, an ideal solution for utilities in rural areas and hybrid networks.
• Grid visibility and optimization. Aclara’s network architecture, with known low latency communication and message prioritization, is purpose-built for distribution automation (DA) applications. The architecture can support multiple DA applications including fault location isolation and service restoration (FLISR), voltage and power quality (Volt/VAR) and integration of distributed energy resources
• The Aclara Grid Monitoring solution. Devices provide interval monitoring of load and voltage, fault current and direction, and waveform capture of line disturbances to provide visibility to the grid and predictive analytics. Aclara’s solutions also enhance grid efficiency through load control demand response, and conservation voltage reduction (CVR).
• Implementation services. Aclara’s services cover the entire lifecycle of AMI implementation from deployment planning and execution to project management and ongoing maintenance. Aclara provides installation services through its Smart Grid Solutions (SGS) business unit, utilizing the award-winning Profield® mobile workforce management technology to efficiently handle AMI rollouts.
Consumer engagement. The highly configurable Aclara Adaptive Consumer Engagement (Aclara ACE®) solution reduces call volume, drives utility program adoption and visibility, increases program savings and improves customer satisfaction.
“This robust suite of end-to-end solutions underscores Aclara’s commitment to provide a single point of accountability for its utility partners at every step of their journeys, from initial planning to implementation and beyond. Our goal is to equip utilities with the next-generation products, services and software they need to optimize the performance of their networks,” said Allan Connolly, president and CEO of Aclara.
Aclara, an affiliate of Sun Capital Partners, Inc., is a world-class supplier of smart infrastructure solutions (SIS) and services to more than 800 water, gas, and electric utilities globally. Aclara SIS offerings include smart meters and other field devices, advanced metering infrastructure and software and services that enable utilities to predict and respond to conditions, leverage their distribution networks effectively and engage with their customers. Aclara won a Frost & Sullivan Global Smart Energy Networks Enabling Technology Leadership Award in 2017 and was named a finalist in three categories of the Platts Global Energy Awards in 2016.