Job Title: Field Service Technician
Company Name: JDR Energy
Location: Texas, USA
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent/Contract
Experience Required: 2 - 5 Years
Department: Construction, Electrical, Skilled Trades, Wind
Primary Technology: Wind Energy
Closes: May 23, 2017
JDR Energy are currently representing a market leading US based energy Owner / Operator in the search for experienced Field Service Technicians to join there wind-farm service division.
- Opportunity to work for global industry leader within the energy market and one of the largest developers in the US.
- Excellent support structure for career progression.
- Highly rewarding employer.
The Field Service Techinican II Is responsible for the on-site operations, maintenance, repairs, and replacement of equipment at one of our clients largest wind-energy generation sites. The duties include but are not limited to completing Lock Out Tag Out (LOTO), Tail Board, job specific documentation that is required to conduct wind turbine maintenance in the safest manner possible. You will perform inspections of equipment, tools and facility for compliance with our clients policy and Governmental Safety and Environmental regulations.
- Ensure proper operation and maintenance of wind turbines and associated wind plant equipment, including substation and tower switchgear
- Proactively look for improvement opportunities to job appropriate processes and procedures and communicates through appropriate channels or implements improvements using the appropriate control management protocol
- Seek assistance when encountering turbine issues outside trained skill level to ensure success in resolution
- Comply with all pertinent environmental health and safety programs and acts as a safety role model
- Demonstrate and promotes integrity, strong initiative
- Perform data collection and prepares reports in order to meet reporting requirements
- Work with and respond to in-house Remote Operations Control Center when necessary to coordinate remote operations
- Perform QA/QC inspections in accordance with applicable SOP
- Facilitate periodic equipment inspections and reporting
- Document all work performed using computer based service reporting procedures
- Complete all required training in a satisfactory manner and timeframe
- Work weekends, holidays, and overtime as needed
- Adhere to internal controls in effect
- Additional duties as required
- High school diploma or GED; technical school education helpful, or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- 2 – 5 years relevant experience in wind energy or a related industry
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office software, SQL Server software, facility management and reporting systems, and computerized diagnostic and troubleshooting tools
- Familiarity with maintenance and electronic testing equipment (e.g., voltage testers, amp clamps, oscilloscopes, megohmmeters, infrared testers, hydraulic torque equipment, alignment tools, various hand and power tools) and with heavy equipment required for facility maintenance, including working knowledge of crane and rigging requirements
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle and possession of a valid driver’s license
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com