GENERAL TERMS OF SALE
Version 1.4.3 – Sept 2020
- Specifications of Parts and Tooling
- Tooling Ownership and Storage
- Delivery, Inspection, Acceptance, Complaints and Retention of Title
- Intellectual property rights and publicity
- Your representations
- Force Majeure
- DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- Governing Law and Exclusive Forum
These general terms of sale (the "General Terms of Sale") apply to any purchase of goods and
services ("Parts") by a customer (“You”) from 3D Hubs Manufacturing LLC, having
its place of business at 228 East 45th Street Suite 9E, 10017 New York, NY, United States of America.
("3D Hubs, Company, we, our and us"). All additional terms, guidelines, and rules, including our
- BY PLACING AN ORDER WITH 3D HUBS FOR PARTS, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE
SUBMISSION OF A PURCHASE
ORDER (AN “ORDER”), YOU ACCEPT AND ARE BOUND TO THESE GENERAL TERMS OF SALE (ON BEHALF
OF YOURSELF OR THE ENTITY THAT YOU REPRESENT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH ALL OF THE PROVISIONS OF THESE
GENERAL TERMS OF SALE, DO NOT PLACE AN ORDER.
- YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOU HAVE THE RIGHT, AUTHORITY, AND CAPACITY TO ENTER
INTO AN AGREEMENT
WITH 3D HUBS (ON BEHALF OF YOURSELF OR THE ENTITY THAT YOU REPRESENT). YOU MAY NOT PLACE AN ORDER OR
ACCEPT THESE GENERAL TERMS OF SALE IF YOU ARE NOT AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD OR OVER THE LEGAL AGE REQUIRED
TO ENTER INTO A VALID CONTRACT UNDER LAW APPLICABLE TO YOU.
- With respect to the technical specifications for Your Order only, including material,
surface finish and
quantity, the specifications written on Your quote will prevail over these General Terms of Sale and/or
any drawings (including 2D technical drawings) or 3D model. In all other cases, in the event of a
conflict between the provisions contained in the Order and these General Terms of Sale, the General
Terms of Sale will prevail.
- No addition, alteration or substitution of these General Terms of Sale will bind 3D
Hubs, even if
included within an Order, and no preprinted terms within an Order, will bind 3D Hubs, unless explicitly
accepted in writing by 3D Hubs. All of such nonbinding terms are hereby rejected by both parties. 3D
Hubs’ failure to object to provisions contained in any Order or fulfillment of an Order shall not be
construed as a waiver of these General Terms of Sale nor an acceptance of any such provisions.
- Our website, apps, products, and services are designed for businesses and their
representatives. We do
not target consumers – individuals who seek to use our products and services for their personal or
- You are responsible to ensure that all information provided in a quotation request or
Order is accurate
and complete and the specifications for Your Order are in accordance with any instructions of 3D Hubs
and take into account all manufacturing and other limitations as specified by 3D Hubs on its website,
including its manufacturing standards or
as otherwise made available to You.
- An Order submitted by You constitutes a binding commitment by You to purchase the
therein, to which these General Terms of Sale apply.
- 3D Hubs is under no obligation to accept an Order and can reject any Order at its sole
it has accepted the Order. Orders are deemed accepted by 3D Hubs only if confirmed by 3D Hubs in
writing, or by 3D Hubs’ fulfillment of the Order. 3D Hubs may perform a credit check on You and require
a prepayment by credit card or other assurance of payment prior to acceptance.
- Acceptance of any Order is subject to the conditions precedent that: (i) there are
available to 3D Hubs to complete Your Order within the stated timelines and at the stated price, (ii)
Your Order was not accepted on the basis of incorrect information, including but not limited to
information regarding pricing and specifications, (iii) the content included in Your Order complies with
our Content Policy (as defined in Section 10.5) and (iii) the
satisfactory fulfillment of any credit check or receipt of prepayment or other assurance of payment, as
requested in 3D Hubs’ sole discretion. If these conditions precedent are not met, 3D Hubs is entitled to
reject or cancel Your Order.
- 3D Hubs is permitted to apply (i) limited deviations with regard to color, quantity,
size, or (shore)
hardness of Parts and (ii) limited deviations to Your drawing and/or 3D data as necessary to increase
the manufacturability of Your Order, unless 3D Hubs specifically agrees to the contrary in writing.
Unless You object in writing to such deviations, You assume all responsibility and liability for those
deviations as part of Your original Order.
- Any changes made by You to an Order after it has been submitted are subject to 3D
Hub’s acceptance and
may be subject to additional charges, including additional delivery charges.
- Once in production, as the Parts are produced for You based on Your specifications
(made to order), it
is not possible for You to cancel or terminate Your Order. Any unpaid amounts under the Order remain
- You understand and agree that 3D Hubs may use its worldwide vetted network of
subcontractors to fulfil
- Orders may be delivered directly from a subcontractor of 3D Hubs to You and not via or
through 3D Hubs.
Therefore, it is of utmost importance that You inspect the Parts upon delivery and inform 3D Hubs in
case of any discrepancies in accordance with these General Terms of Sale.
- All prices stated by 3D Hubs are exclusive of value added tax (VAT) or any other
fees, assessments or duties, unless expressly stated otherwise herein. You are responsible for all taxes
associated with the Order (other than taxes based on 3D Hubs’ income). Without limiting the foregoing,
You shall pay all applicable taxes, governmental fees, assessments or duties that 3D Hubs charges You in
addition to the prices quoted.
- In the event of changes to cost price factors, 3D Hubs reserves the right to pass on
costs to You.
- If special packing or shipping instructions are agreed by 3D Hubs, You shall be liable
additional charges incurred by 3D Hubs as a consequence thereof, as indicated by 3D Hubs.
- Unless prepayment is required, You must pay all invoices within 30 days from date of
- 3D Hubs may invoice parts of an Order separately.
- For all Orders that include tooling, 3D Hubs may require You to pay the cost of
tooling prior to
acceptance of Your Order. 3D Hubs is not responsible for any delay in carrying out Your Order caused by
Your delay in making payments.
- 3D Hubs may require an advance payment before it fulfils Your Order. 3D Hubs is not
responsible for any
delay in carrying out Your Order caused by Your delay in making payments.
- The amounts due shall, unless otherwise agreed, be paid by credit card or bank
transfer, as indicated by
3D Hubs. All costs related to the method of payment shall be Your responsibility.
- All amounts due to be paid by You to 3D Hubs shall be paid in full and without any
deduction. You shall
not be entitled to any right of setoff. 3D Hubs shall be entitled to set off any amount due by 3D Hubs
to You against amounts due by You to 3D Hubs.
- If any amount due is not paid when it becomes due and payable, a late payment interest
of two percent
(2%) per month, or the highest amount permitted by applicable law, whichever is less, shall be due and
payable with respect to such amount, to be calculated from the time such amount became due until the
time such amount is paid in full.
- In addition, 3D Hubs may, in the event of any overdue payment, suspend any delivery of
Parts to You or
prevent You from placing any future Orders until all amounts due are paid.
- Specifications of Parts and Tooling
- You are responsible for providing 3D Hubs with correct and complete 3D CAD data and/or
drawings to produce the Parts and tooling.
Specification Policy here.
All relevant files required for the production of Your Parts and tooling
must be uploaded by You to our website or, in the event of a specific or special Order, provided to 3D
Hubs in the agreed upon manner and with any and all requirement representations and warranties. 3D Hubs
does not have an obligation to review any of the specifications, data or drawings that You provide and
reserves the right to reject or cancel any Order that is not uploaded by You to our website.
- 3D Hubs uses the 3D CAD data and/or drawings, as may be provided by You, to generate
Parts and tooling.
2D technical drawings will prevail over 3D CAD models only with respect to parameters for tolerances
and/or threads, if specified. In all other cases, 3D CAD data will take precedence during production, if
these have been provided before we accepted Your Order, or unless otherwise agreed. 3D Hubs is not
responsible for discrepancies between 3D CAD data and 2D technical drawings.
- If an Order includes threads or specific tolerances, it is Your responsibility to
provide a technical
drawing with the relevant specifications, and to ensure to indicate this in the quotation request and to
check if this is reflected correctly in the Order.
- 3D Hubs will not be responsible for incorrectly designed Parts, Parts that do not
Parts with thick cross-sections that produce sink marks, warp, or Parts produced based on incorrectly
provided CAD data or technical drawings.
- 3D Hubs rejects all responsibility for material selection and material suitability for
3D Hubs is not responsible for the fit or assembly of Parts unless specifically agreed upon in writing.
- Tooling Ownership and Storage
- All custom tooling developed by You for Your Parts shall be Your property, however
components or components developed by 3D Hubs or its manufacturing partners, will remain the property of
3D Hubs and/or its manufacturing partners. All custom tooling will remain at 3D Hubs’ or its
manufacturing partner’s production facility, unless otherwise agreed between the parties in writing.
- As long as 3D Hubs is making Parts for You at 3D Hubs’ or its manufacturing partners’
facilities, 3D Hubs will guarantee Your tooling for the agreed upon tool life (as stated in the Order).
Subject to Section 7.3, 3D Hubs will, in its sole discretion, repair or replace worn or damaged tooling
at 3D Hubs’ expense for the agreed upon tool life.
- After a two-year period of inactivity of the tooling, 3D Hubs may, in its sole
discretion, destroy the
tooling, including any custom tooling.
- Delivery, Inspection, Acceptance, Complaints and Retention of
- Shipments are sent by the commercial carrier selected by 3D Hubs or its manufacturing
partners. 3D Hubs
will pre-pay and add delivery costs to the invoice as a convenience and courtesy.
- 3D Hubs will use commercially reasonable efforts to ship an Order on the agreed upon
shipping or delivery dates are estimates only. 3D Hubs accepts no liability for delays in the delivery
or shipment of Orders and/or any damage or loss caused as result of such delays. 3D Hubs’ failure to
meet a shipping date or delivery period shall not constitute a breach of the Order or these General
Terms of Sale.
- 3D Hubs shall be entitled to suspend its delivery obligations under an Order in the
event there are, in
3D Hubs’ sole discretion, reasonable and objective grounds to doubt whether You are able or willing to
fully and timely fulfil Your payment obligations or whether You fully comply with any of the other terms
and conditions of these General Terms of Sale.
- You must inspect the Parts immediately upon receipt and notify 3D Hubs within five (5)
working days of
the date of delivery of the Parts, in writing, if You believe any part of an Order is missing,
defective, wrong or damaged. Unless You have so notified 3D Hubs, specifying the nature of what is
missing, wrong, or damaged within five (5) working days of delivery, the Parts will be deemed accepted,
non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Any dispute must be raised in the timeframe specific in Section 8.4 herein and if
requested by 3D Hubs,
You must return the Parts to 3D Hubs within ten (10) working days from the time of the request, unless
otherwise agreed in writing by 3D Hubs. Any Parts that You return to 3D Hubs after the expiry of this
period will not be processed or refunded.
- If after receiving Your Order You alter the Parts in any way without the prior written
of 3D Hubs, the Parts will be deemed accepted, non-returnable and non-refundable.
- 3D Hubs shall retain the ownership to the Parts until You have paid all amounts
related to the delivered
Parts in full, including any interests, collection costs or other amounts due with respect to such
Parts, at which time title to the Parts will pass to You.
- Intellectual property rights and publicity
- By providing data to 3D Hubs, You grant 3D Hubs an irrevocable, non-exclusive,
fully paid up, worldwide, transferable and sub-licensable right and license to use, copy, modify,
reproduce, distribute and display the data (including 3D CAD Data and drawings), documentation, drawings
and specifications You provide for manufacturing the Parts: (i) as necessary to produce, ship and sell
the Parts to You and (ii) to improve our products and services, including, improving our machine
learning and pricing algorithms. You hereby irrevocably waive (and agree to cause to be waived) any
claims and assertions of moral rights or attribution with respect to Your data.
- By placing an Order, You authorize 3D Hubs to use Your trademarks, logos, name or
signs for marketing
purposes. This means that 3D Hubs may mention You as a customer of 3D Hubs on our website and in other
promotional material such as advertising, press releases, interviews, promotional materials or
presentations. We will not use Your name if You are a natural person, and the substantive content
provided by You continues to be governed by the confidentiality clauses in these General Terms of Sale.
- Your representations
- You represent and warrant that You have the right authority and capacity to enter into
Terms of Sale (on behalf of Yourself or the entity that You represent) and that You are authorized to
place an Order. You represent and warrant that You are 18 years or older, are able to conclude legally
- You represent and warrant that You have the full right and authority to provide us
with all data
(including 3D CAD data and drawings), documentation, drawings and specifications, all data You provide
is accurate and truthful, and You are authorized to grant the license referred to in Section 9.
- You also represent and warrant that You will use Parts in strict accordance with all
federal and local laws and requirements.
- You represent and warrant that You understand and agree with, including making the
certifications under, this 3D Hubs export control policy (the “Export Control Policy”),
- You understand that 3D Hubs does not accept Export Controlled Data. “Export
Controlled Data” is defined as data which is controlled for export under United States
(“U.S.”) law. This includes (technical) data and/or end Parts that are: (1)
controlled under the International
Traffic in Arms Regulations, or (2) subject to the Export
Administration Regulations, and controlled at any level beyond EAR99.
- You certify that Your data (including 3D CAD data and drawings) and/or Your Order DOES
NOT include Export Controlled Data.
- You understand that by uploading Your data to the 3D Hubs website, You are exporting
data to another country. 3D Hubs maintains operations outside of the U.S., employs
non-U.S. persons, and has non-U.S. manufacturing partners.
- You certify that You understand that it is Your responsibility to determine and provide the
appropriate export classification for the products and related technology and software to be
provided to 3D Hubs and to comply with prohibition on Export Controlled Data provided herein. 3D
Hubs relies entirely on You to provide accurate information for purposes of compliance with
applicable export control laws. The export classification indicates whether the product and
related technologies are controlled, the relevant jurisdiction or jurisdictions, when an export
license is required, and whether the product and technology qualify for a license exception. An
incorrect classification could result in export control violations, which could in turn lead to
significant fines and other sanctions.
- You represent and warrant that the production, shipping, sale and use of the Parts or tooling by
us in response to Your Order, does not violate any export control laws or regulations.
- You represent and warrant that You will not, directly or indirectly, (i) sell, export, reexport,
transfer, divert, or otherwise dispose of any products, software, or technology (including
products derived from or based on such technology) received from 3D Hubs to any destination,
entity, or person prohibited by the laws or regulations of the U.S. and/or Your local
jurisdiction or (ii) use Parts for any use prohibited by the laws or regulations of the U.S.,
and/or Your local jurisdiction, without obtaining prior authorization from the competent
government authorities as required by those laws and regulations.
- You may not use 3D Hubs’ services if You are the subject of U.S. sanctions or of sanctions
consistent with U.S. law imposed by the governments of the country where You are using 3D Hubs’
- You further represent and warrant that Your uploaded data (including 3D CAD data and
Your Order comply with, and do not violate, the following 3D Hubs content policy (the “Content
Policy”). You represent and warrant that Your uploaded data (including 3D CAD data and
drawings),Your Order and/or the production, shipping, sale and use of the Parts or tooling by us:
- Does not contain any weapons. Weapons is broadly defined as:
- Firearms, firearm component parts, or ammunition. This includes (1) any device which
will or is designed
may readily be converted to expel a projectile by the action of an explosive; (2) any
device capable of
concealed on the person from which a shot can be discharged through the energy of an
explosive; (3) any
component part integral to the safe firing of a projectile by means of an explosive from
(1) or (2); and (4) ammunition including cartridge cases, primers, bullets, or
use in any firearm;
- Bladed weapons. This includes knives designed to cause bodily harm and any part or
bladed weapon includes automatic knives, knives that are undetectable by a metal
switchblades, butterfly knives, throwing knives, folding knives, gravity knives, and
(for example, a sword cane).
- Explosive devices. This includes grenades, rockets, explosives, incendiary devices,
land mines, and related parts or components thereof;
- Toy guns or other items with arms-like appearance. This includes paintball guns,
guns, training weapons, mock guns, mock weapons, weapon replicas and items that
like a gun or other weapon; and
- Arms-related items and/or weapon accessories. Accessories, parts or
to any weapon if that accessory/part/component contributes to the
the weapon and/or attaches to the item. For example, this includes
mounts and knife handles because they are attached to a weapon, but
include a knife case or holster because they are neither attached to nor
contribute to the functioning of the weapon.
- Does not contain any critical (functional) parts for aerospace,
watercraft, offshore, automotive and or medical applications;
- Does not violate, misappropriate or infringe any intellectual
rights (including but not limited to any copyright, patent,
right, trademark, trade secret or any other proprietary rights)
third party rights;
- Does not contain information, which is false, inaccurate,
harassing, racially or ethnically offensive, discriminatory,
minors, libelous or defamatory, including information used to
- Is not contrary to or in violation of any applicable law or
or public policy; and
- Does not violate our Export Control Policy.
- Please be informed that the uploading of data (including 3D CAD data and
drawings) to manufacture firearm may be punishable by law. 3D Hubs has a
(statutory) obligation to report data and/or Orders for firearms that it
considers reasonably suspicious.
- 3D Hubs reserves the right to reject any Order that is based on data it
its discretion—violates this Content Policy. It is and remains Your sole
responsibility to comply with this Content Policy when uploading data to
website and placing Orders. 3D Hubs is not obliged to check the uploaded
before accepting or executing any Order or having the Parts manufactured
IF YOU HAVE ANY DOUBT WHETHER YOUR DATA (INCLUDING 3D CAD DATA AND DRAWINGS) YOUR ORDER AND/OR
PRODUCTION, SHIPPING, SALE AND USE OF THE PARTS OR TOOLING BY US IS PERMITTED UNDER OUR CONTENT
UPLOAD YOUR DATA.
- We reserve the right (but have no obligation) to review any data provided by You, and
appropriate action against You in our sole discretion if You violate our Content Policy, any other
these General Terms of Sale or otherwise create liability for us or any other person. Such action may
removing or modifying Your data, terminating Your account, and/or reporting You to law enforcement
Any attempt by You to damage our website or to undermine the legitimate operations of 3D Hubs’ business
services may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should any such attempt be made; we reserve
to seek damages from You to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Force Majeure
- 3D Hubs shall not be responsible for any delay or failure in delivery or performance
of any of its
under any Order due to events beyond its reasonable control or acts or omissions or any other occurrence
commonly known as force majeure, including but not limited to war, riots, acts of terrorism, acts of
pandemics, nature disasters, embargoes, strikes, or other concerted acts of workers, casualties or
accidents, failure by any 3D Hubs’ manufacturing partner to meet their obligations or any other causes
circumstances that prevent or hinder the manufacture or delivery of the Parts.
- 3D Hubs may suspend performance under an Order for so long as such performance is
delayed by such
or cancel the Order at its sole discretion, in which case 3D Hubs is not liable for any resulting
- Nothing in this Section 11 will excuse You from Your payment obligations for amounts
due and payable
- DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
- ANY PARTS OR TOOLING IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS-IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, AND, TO THE
EXTENT PERMITTED BY
APPLICABLE LAW, 3D HUBS (AND OUR MANUFACTURING PARTNERS) EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES AND
CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, CONTRACTUAL OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO
WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS, GUARANTEES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR
TITLE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, ACCURACY, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. IF MANDATORY LAW REQUIRES ANY (STATUTORY)
WITH RESPECT TO THE PARTS OR TOOLING, ALL SUCH WARRANTIES ARE LIMITED IN DURATION TO NINETY (90) DAYS
THE DATE OF DELIVERY.
- You hereby release and forever discharge 3D Hubs (and our officers, employees, agents,
assigns) from, and hereby waive and relinquish, each and every past, present and future dispute, claim,
controversy, demand, right, obligation, liability, action and cause of action of every kind and nature
(including personal injuries, death, and property damage), that has arisen or arises directly or
out of, or that relates directly or indirectly to, the Parts and/or Your Order.
- In the event that mandatory law does not allow any of the exclusions or limitations of
liability or any
the disclaimers of warranties mentioned in these General Terms of Sale, such exclusions, limitations or
disclaimers shall be limited to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law.
- No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained from 3D Hubs, through the
website or any
representative will create any warranty not expressly made herein.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, AND SUBJECT TO THE FINAL
PARAGRAPH OF THIS
HUBS (AND OUR MANUFACTURING PARTNERS) DO(ES) NOT ACCEPT LIABILITY FOR PARTS NOT BEING AVAILABLE FOR USE,
FOR LOST REVENUE OR PROFITS OR LOSS OF BUSINESS OR OTHER ECONOMIC LOSS.
- TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, AND SUBJECT TO THE FINAL
PARAGRAPH OF THIS
HUBS (AND OUR MANUFACTURING PARTNERS) WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY CLAIMS,
INJURY, PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA, LOST INCOME, LOSS OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY,
PROCUREMENT OR SUBSTITUTE PRODUCTS OR ANY DIRECT OR INDIRECT, COMPENSATORY, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY,
INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY OR FORM OF ACTION (INCLUDING BUT NOT
TO CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY IN TORT OR WARRANTY OF ANY KIND) ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO
PARTS, TOOLING, ORDERS, DELIVERY, OR OTHERWISE RELATING THESE GENERAL TERMS OF SALE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF
POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE, OR FOR ANY CLAIM BY ANY THIRD PARTY.
- TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY
CONTAINED HEREIN, OUR
LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO ANY ORDER AND/OR THESE GENERAL TERMS OF SALE
(FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION), WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO A
MAXIMUM OF THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU TO US UNDER THE ORDER UNDER WHICH THE LIABILITY AROSE. THE EXISTENCE
MORE THAN ONE CLAIM WILL NOT ENLARGE THIS LIMIT. YOU AGREE THAT OUR MANUFACTURING PARTNERS WILL HAVE NO
LIABILITY OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO THESE GENERAL TERMS OF SALE.
- Because some jurisdictions limit or do not allow certain exclusions or limitations of
liability, Sections 12 and/or 13 may not partially or entirely apply to You. To the extent that any such
limitation or exclusion of liability or warranty is circumscribed, it shall be limited to the least
possible under applicable law. These limitations shall apply notwithstanding any failure of essential
purpose of any limited remedy provided herein.
- You agree to indemnify and hold 3D Hubs (and its officers, directors, employees,
agents), its affiliates (and their officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents), and its
its affiliates’ (sub)contractors (including manufacturing partners) harmless from and against any and
loss, liability, penalty, third party claims, damages, demands, costs and other expenses (including
reasonable attorneys’ fees and court costs and litigation expenses) arising out of or relating to:
- Your breach of the Order or these General Terms of Sale;
- any acts or omissions by You relating to our performance under an Order or these General Terms
- any and all use, distribution and/or sale of Parts; and
- any claim of third parties (including government authorities) arising out of an Order or these
General Terms of Sale or the production, shipping or sale of the Parts and/or Your data
3D CAD data and/or drawings), including but not limited to a claim that the use of such data and
technical drawings and/or the production, shipping or sale of Parts violates any applicable law
the intellectual property or other rights of a third party.
- You will, if instructed by us, defend us from any third party claim covered by the indemnity under
14.1 (“Third Party Claim”), at Your expense, using counsel reasonably acceptable to us.
will not consent to any settlement or judgment of any Third Party Claim without our prior written
We may participate in the defense of any Third Party Claim with our own counsel at our own expense.
- 3D Hubs reserves the right, at Your expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter
which You are required to indemnify us, and You agree to cooperate with our defense of these claims. You
agree not to settle any matter without our prior written consent. We will use reasonable efforts to
You of any such claim, action or proceeding upon becoming aware of it.
- 3D Hubs shall not disclose, and shall procure that its employees and (sub)contractors shall not
any data (including 3D CAD data), documentation, drawings and specifications provided by You, other than
to its affiliates and (sub)contractors as necessary to produce, ship and sell the Parts to You and (ii)
improve our products and services. This restriction will not apply in the event of a legal obligation or
duty to disclose the information, or when the information is or becomes (publicly) known or is
developed by 3D Hubs, its employees or its contractors without the use of such information, or if the
information is disclosed to 3D Hubs by a third party.
- You are not allowed to use 3D Hubs trademarks, trade names or any other indications in relation to the
Parts, or to publicly make any reference to 3D Hubs, whether in press releases, advertisements, sales
literature or otherwise, except with 3D Hubs prior written consent.
- Without prejudice to any other rights 3D Hubs may have under these General Terms of
Sale or the
laws, 3D Hubs has the right to immediately terminate Your Order and/or Your account in whole or in part
in its sole discretion:
- You are declared bankrupt, are granted a (temporary) moratorium on payment of Your debts, if You
have filed a petition for bankruptcy or if a receiver is appointed for You,
- You go into liquidation or there is a threat of suspension of payments,
- You cease, or threaten to cease, to carry on Your business,
- You or Your representatives makes any libelous or slanderous statement, or is hostile or abusive
against 3D Hubs its employees or its representatives; or
- You breach these General Terms of Sale.
- Upon termination pursuant to Section 16.1, 3D Hubs shall not have any liability for or
the Parts. Any amounts that You paid 3D Hubs are nonrefundable, and any amounts that You still owe 3D
under the Order become immediately due and payable in full.
- Except as otherwise expressly provided in these General Terms of Sale, You are not
entitled to terminate
- If any provision of these General Terms of Sale is, for any reason, held to be invalid
other provisions of these General Terms of Sale will be unimpaired and the invalid or unenforceable
provision will be deemed modified so that it most closely matches the original provision and is valid
enforceable to the maximum extent permitted by law. The remaining provisions shall be enforced.
- These General Terms of Sale shall be construed as if both parties drafted it jointly,
and shall not be
construed against either party as principal drafter.
- A waiver by us of any right or remedy under these General Terms of Sale shall only be
effective if it is
writing, executed by a duly authorized representative of ours and shall apply only to the circumstances
which it is given. Our failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these General Terms of
shall not operate as a waiver of such right or remedy, nor shall it prevent any future exercise or
enforcement of such right or remedy. No single or partial exercise of any right or remedy shall preclude
restrict the further exercise of any such right or remedy or other rights or remedies.
- Orders and these General Terms of Sale, including Your rights and obligations therein,
may not be
subcontracted, delegated, or otherwise transferred by You without our prior written consent, and any
attempted assignment, subcontract, delegation, or transfer in violation of the foregoing will be null
void. 3D Hubs may freely assign any Order or these General Terms of Sale. The terms and conditions set
in any Order or these General Terms of Sale shall be binding upon assignees.
- All notices sent under these General Terms of Sale shall be in writing and delivered
courier or by email. Notices to 3D Hubs shall be sent to 3D Hubs Manufacturing LLC at 228 East
45th Street Suite 9E, 10017 New York, NY, United States of America, and legal @3dhubs.com and
notices to You shall be sent to the contact person provided by You in Your Order. Notices are deemed
delivered upon dispatch of mail or email.
(defined below) and our
and supersedes all previous agreements, arrangements and undertakings between the parties with respect
that subject matter (including but not limited to provisions in Your Order that are rejected).
- All provisions within these General Terms of Sale which by their nature are intended,
whether express or
implied, to survive the termination or the expiration of an Order, including but not limited to Your
obligations and Sections 2 through 18 shall survive.
- These General Terms of Sale are subject to occasional revision. If we make any
substantial changes, we
notify You by sending You an e-mail to the last e-mail address You provided to us (if any), and/or by
prominently posting notice of the changes on our website. You are responsible for providing us with Your
most current e-mail address. In the event that the last e-mail address that You have provided us is not
valid, or for any reason is not capable of delivering to You the notice described above, our dispatch of
e-mail containing such notice will nonetheless constitute effective notice of the changes described in
notice. Placement of an Order following notice of such changes shall indicate Your acknowledgement of
changes and agreement to be bound by the terms and conditions of such changes. If You do not place an
within thirty (30) calendar days following our dispatch of an e-mail notice to You (if applicable) or
(30) calendar days following our posting of the changes on our website (if applicable) nor explicitly
to the applicability of the changes in writing within thirty (30) calendar days after our dispatch of
e-mail notice or (if applicable) our posting of the changes on our website, then the expiration of the
thirty (30) days will indicate Your acknowledgement of such changes.
- If, contrary to Section 1 hereto, these General Terms of Sale are used in a situation
in which You are a
consumer and not a professional customer, some terms and conditions will not apply to You. In this case
these General Terms of Sale are applicable to the extent permitted by applicable consumer law; Your
under these laws are not affected or limited by these General Terms of Sale. Because Your Parts are
made to order, no right (statutory or otherwise) of withdrawal or cancellation applies.
- Information about how we collect and/or process Your personal data is provided in our
- You confirm that You are acting on Your own behalf and not for the benefit of any
other person. Your
relationship to 3D Hubs is that of a user, and neither party is an employee, agent, partner, franchisee,
owner, joint venturer or representative of the other party.
- The communications between You and us use electronic means, whether You use our
website or send us
or whether 3D Hubs posts notices on our website or communicates with You via email. For contractual
purposes, You (a) consent to receive communications from us in an electronic form; and (b) agree that
terms and conditions, agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that we provide to You
electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications would satisfy if it were be in a
hardcopy writing. The foregoing does not affect Your non-waivable rights.
- The Section titles in these General Terms of Sale are for convenience only and have no
effect. The word “including” means “including without limitation”.
- The contractual relationship is non-exclusive. Each party is free to contract with
other third parties
subject to its obligations under these General Terms of Sale. You agree that nothing (including
Your files and/or quote) will preclude us from manufacturing other parts or working with other
whether or not those companies or parts are substantially similar to, or competitive with, Your files,
or Order and/or the services that we provide to You.
- All the words, phrases, terms and meanings under these General Terms of Sale shall
only be construed and
interpreted in the English language. All the notices, documents, legal or arbitration proceedings
or given pursuant to these General Terms of Sale shall be in English language only.
- Copyright © 2020 3D Hubs. All rights reserved. All trademarks, logos and service marks
(“Marks”) displayed on our website or any Order are our property or the property of
third parties. You are not permitted to use these Marks without our prior written consent or the consent
such third party which may own the Marks.
- Governing Law and Exclusive Forum
- The applicability of the UN Convention on the International Sale of Goods is excluded.
- Unless provided otherwise by operation of applicable mandatory law, any dispute,
claim, clause of action
proceeding arising out of, or in connection with, these General Terms of Sale, the relationship between
Hubs and You or Your use of our services, on any basis whatsoever, shall be brought in the state or
courts located in New Castle County, Delaware and the parties shall submit to the exclusive jurisdiction
such courts and waive any and all jurisdictional, venue and inconvenient forum objections to such
The laws of the State of Delaware will apply, respectively to any disputes arising out of or relating to
these General Terms of Sale, without regard to conflict of laws principles.
- We are located at the address listed in these Terms.
3D Hubs Manufacturing LLC
228 East 45th Street, Suite 9E
New York, NY 10017
Further contact information, including country specific contact information, may be found on https://www.3dhubs.com